Saturday, November 11, 2017

SECOND YEAR: the wilting flower

Let's cut right through the suspense and reveal that I am the wilting flower.

GIF by Emma Darvick

In a world where there was no guidance, where you had to figure very single thing out, from finding out which books were the best to study from and wading through the library books to get an idea, peeking over the shoulder to catch a glimpse of which book your staunch competitor was reading, to asking teachers which books they thought would help us in our initial stages (to which we usually got completely unhelpful answers) to failing in tests to swallowing your pathetic pride and grabbing your seniors to help you out, and to top it off, dealing with extreme self-consciousness, anxiety, a generous helping of depression and an extra uncalled-for insulating layer of fat as your body's response to keep you protected from the big, bad, stressful external environment, you most certainly felt painfully lost.

Little did I know that everyone was going through the same effing thing that I was going through.

But I was not to know this until I had reached my final year. And this too I had to figure out on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Attention all daughters!

And their families, near and far. I implore you to read the following piece so that you may all be better at forming beautiful relationships...