Sunday, November 19, 2017

When I don't know what to do...

I just think that people just keep getting stupider and stupider and stupider as they grow up.

The amount of stupid things that adults do makes me wonder whether the word 'adult' should be used for us. The word 'kid' is more like it. Because that is exactly what we become, without us knowing. This not knowing is the creepy part. Because an adult is absolutely unaware of what their acts do to other people, just like most kids don't know how their acts and behaviour affects other kids (and adults) around them. We do not call kids stupid because they are at a learning age. But I personally don't think we adults are any better.

My observations are based on the acts and behaviour of various politicians, teachers and business tycoons and of course, adults in general.

So, whenever I am faced with a medley of difficulties and unpleasant circumstances in life, where I suddenly find myself making messed up, stupid decisions, I stop my train of thoughts and ask myself this:
What would Allah Almighty want me to do?
And most of the time, I am satisfied with an answer in my heart. These are the points in my life where I feel truly blessed to be following a religion as beautiful as Islam.
In order for us adults to not make stupid decisions or at least try not to, I believe this is the key.

But how do I remember to ask this question to myself in times that do not allow you to have a clear head?

There is a solution for that too. This is where Divine help comes in. In order for the above question to keep popping in your head, one must be steadfast in observing the mandatory five times salah and in reciting the Holy Quran (the only Book, whose author is not a human).

Life becomes bearable.

GIF by Adult Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Attention all daughters!

And their families, near and far. I implore you to read the following piece so that you may all be better at forming beautiful relationships...